Friday, November 18, 2005

Curry Favor @ Stamford House

I'm in very very good mood today!!! It is Friday again!! Hehe which means I can laze around the weekend and maybe spend sometime playing my new game :P Haha just got Resident Evil 4 from a friend (thanks!!). I can't wait to start it. Hope that I won't be down with migraine and then can't do anything except rest again :( Hehe my good friend bought me a sunflower today and it really cheer me up. I love the colors and the feel of sunflowers. Thanks girl!!

Hehe okok, this has nothing to do with my header title :P Few days back, I went to this restaurant in Stamford House. They specialized in Japanese curry. Actually I got to know about this restaurant when they just opened back then. The review was not bad. Have always wanted to try this, cos I'm a big fan of Japanese curry (very high requirement too :P). Nearly tried it with my friend shan but the dinner was cancelled then :(

So finally when my BF suggested going there for dinner I was thrilled. The restaurant decor is not bad, comfortable and simple. The ambience is not bad too, with jazz music at the background and dim lights. There is another restaurant beside it (Moon River? Erm hope I got it correct) and these 2 restaurants are connected. Think they are under the same boss cos the menus is a combination of food from Curry Favor and Moon River. We decided to sit at the Moon River instead cos there is a seat by the window.

Looking at the menu, we decided to order Pork Roll, Mushroom Fry, their in house special Seafood curry and combi of fried Katsu(pork) and Ebi (prawn) with curry. We were served Pork Roll first. Wah this is impressive. They sliced the pork very thinly then roll it with asparagus and spring onion inside. It is BBQ done in Yakitori style. When I bite into the pork roll, I can taste the nice fragrant from barbecuing. The asparagus is done just nice too!! It is bit crispy on the outside, yet juicy in the inside. Very nice!! Next they served us the Mushroom Fry. It is nice when eaten hot, but I found it bit bland. They served 3 types of sauces with it; Japanese plum sauce, chilli sauce and mayonnaise. I personally like it with the plum sauce while my BF like it with the mayonnaise.

With these 2 appetisers so nicely done, I'm really looking forward to my curry :P I understand that there are 2 levels of spiciness; regular and extra spicy. In which we ordered both extra spicy. My BF's seafood curry was firstly served. I tasted the curry, hmm not bad. But I think it is not sweet enough as it should be in Japanese curry. His seafood curry contains prawns and scallops. I tried one of the prawn and scallop. They tasted like its been cooked and then added to the curry just before served (I could be wrong) :P The scallop didn't go well with the curry sauce though. Next they served my Katsu and Ebi curry, I tasted the curry sauce. Seem like they are using the same curry sauce for both dishes. The katsu was so so, the salt wasn't well spread so I got one side of my Katsu with more salt. My Ebi was overdone :( When I bite into the prawn, you can see that the prawn have shrunk, leaving a big gap between the crust. The prawn tasted dry and hard *disappointed*. The rice is also cooked with too much water, it tasted almost too soft and sticky (erm like very dried porridge?) I was totally amazed when my BF finish all his curry.... hai...

Overall the service is good with friendly and attentive waiter. However I am just disappointed with the curry though the appetisers is really good. I think I may go back again and hope that the food will be much better :)

2 Comments:

Blogger NoShiNe said...

Eh , thats one of My Fav Resturant also leh. Been there a few times, was intro by my CousIn.

The few times that I went, the food was alright leh...hmm...I thought Jap rice shd be abit sticky than normal SG rice bah? ah , Maybe I like stickly soft Rice so it was oK for me. :'P

YOu are rite , the place & serVice is Not bad...my Fav Place.... *BlinK*

NosHine aka ShaN

3:16 PM  
Blogger cakie said...

Hmm yar Jap rice shld be bit sticky than SG rice. Though sticky but there shld still be a QQ feeling in it, that day what I have is bit more than normal stickiness :P

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home