Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Happy Halloween!!!

Happy Halloween everyone! Ops think I'm bit late.. hehe.. I spent my Halloween night in the most 'traditional' way, catching a horror movie "The Exorcism Of Emily Rose". I didn't know there is such a movie until I happen to see a documentary on the demons in the discovery channel and this movie was the sponsor of the documentary. Personally I think it's quite a nice movie, not those grade B movies that the actress screams for nothing :P However, I think some may find the pace of the movie to be slow. The movie focus mostly on the court case where the priest is held for negligent homicide while flashbacks of what had happen to Emily is shown. It is based on a true story, however when I searched for Emily Rose in the net, I'm unable to find any hits. But there are some websites that indicates that this movie is based on a German girl's story (Anneliese Michel) not the so called Emily.

After watching so many horror movies, it seems like different countries' movies uses different ways of showing their so-called evil spirits or even the ghosts. Evil seems to take form of the belief of the person or even the influences on the person from the environment and cultures. However the most scary movies are usually those that you believe it may happen to you or those that are unknown to you. Fears only exist when you believe in it. The good and the evil is a pair of inseparable pair; when a person believe in the good, the person will believe there is evil too. When unknown thing happens, the easiest way is to push the blame to the supernatural.

I still remember after watching the movie "The Ring" with my friends, one of them chooses to turn his TV to face the wall in his room. While my other friend still feels creepy each time he washes his hair, he was telling me he always imagine some days he will felt a hand on his head (Jung-on). As for me, I cannot forget the scene in "Sixth Sense" when the boy was totally frightened by the "thing" inside his tent... Or even the fear of not knowing what and who is inside your house (The Others)....

Do go rent some classic horror movie this week and enjoy yourself!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home